As your mayor, Anne Mahoney will:
- Become the Economic Development lead for recruiting better businesses to Quincy Center and other neighborhood centers
- Provide and market detailed demographic study and survey to prove Quincy’s viability as a business center to attract businesses that have often overlooked us
- Simplify and provide support for the licensing and permitting process to draw better businesses to Quincy Center
- Work with Quincy Center Master Developer and private development firms to create interesting buildings and spaces that attract new businesses and residents
- Develop a "Garage to Storefront" small business incentive program to fill some of the vacancies specifically in Quincy Center.
- Push for more aggressive measures to eliminate neighborhood blight
- Recruit and help successful small businesses and restaurants in other communities expand and locate to Quincy Center
- Bring more cultural events to Quincy to showcase the city as a great place to live, work and visit
- Take initiative on Google Fiber, to see if we can qualify for next list of selected cities by meeting Google's checklist criteria.
(Google Fiber promises internet speeds up to 100 times faster than basic broadband)